Monday, April 15, 2013

BENEFITS OF COCONUT OIL FOR HAIR AND SKIN!!!

I have read a lot of good benefits about coconut oil, not only as a food, but can be used for hair and skin and teeth!!! I grew up eating coconut oil as part of our meals in the Philippines but never thought it as a substitute for chemical free ways for my hair and skin.

When I was still flying with Qatar Airways, I had an Indian flat mate who uses coconut oil for her hair, she puts it all day long on her days off (when she does not intend to go out the whole day) and wash it off the next day. I asked her the benefits and she said it what makes her hair healthy...I would say, she has a pretty good long black hair.

According to Google : Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shiny complexion. It is effective in reducing the protein loss for damaged and undamaged hair.


And so, I tried it myself, I know it smells good but, I wouldn't like it to be in my hair for all day or night. Last Wednesday was my Me Time (Sauna/Spa Time), so I put it on my hair and wrapped it with a shower cap and went for steam and sauna, I was about in and out for about 1 hour until I washed it off. Believe it or not, my hair felt like it was conditioned from the salon, usually my hair is so dry that after shampoo I needed to your conditioner or else I wouldn't be able to comb it, but after rinsing the coconut oil from my hair and using my usual Neutrogena shampoo, OMG!!! I couldn't believe it! I didn't have to use conditioner at all to comb it. And not just that, the coming days, when I shower I just used shampoo when washing my hair (big savings for me...My conditioners are so expensive!!!). I will try to do this every week and will update you for the results.

For skin it is a moisturizer, antibiotic, multivitamin, multi-nutrient, nourishing, anti-aging, anti wrinkle and anti-oxidant – All in one! I use it as an evening moisturizer, I apply it all over my face, especially my under eye and laugh lines, keep it all night and wakes up feeling so good. I have yet to discover how to use it during day time (I'm a fan of sunblock!) . I highly recommend you to use organic virgin coconut oil for your skin, so no harsh chemicals will be applied to your skin, remember your using it to make your skin smoother and softer.


If you will try this, please let me know the result. I will update you as well on my result...'til next time then. Good night you all!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. What brand did u use can uu post a picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brand did u use can uu post a picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I really liked studying it. This article procured by you is very helpful for correct planning.
    best coconut oil for hair

    ReplyDelete